Main activities and responsibilities:
- To develop and delivery of learning, teaching and assessment. This includes substantial responsibility for the design,
enhancement and organisation of teaching and learning, for curriculum development, or for the student experience more broadly
e.g. as year tutor or course tutor.
- To develop innovative approaches to teach and support students through the use of a wide range of learning resources and
appropriate pedagogic practice.
- To contribute actively to applied research groups or communities of practice internally and/or externally: (a) making a substantial
contribution to bids and tenders for external projects or contracts, (b) making a substantial contribution to delivery of externally-
funded projects or contracts (c) disseminating research outputs using a range of media, (d) developing external networks
nationally and/or internationally, (f) supervising research students
- To undertake work with a range of external partners and professional bodies/agencies in the UK and overseas.
- To work effectively as a team member, chairing committees and working groups, and where appropriate supervising or mentoring
other members of staff.
- To undertake professional development in support of teaching and applied research, and if appropriate in support of student
welfare and curriculum management.